Greater Celandine, Chelidonium majus.
Traditional uses of Greater celandine :
- Greater celandine has the following properties:reduces the tension of smooth and striated muscles, reduces their excitability and inhibits spasms (visible feeling of relaxation),
- it lowers muscle tone of blood vessels, causes their expansion, including coronary vessels, reduces blood pressure,
- hepatoprotective effect – protects liver parenchyma and is antihepatotoxic – prevents liver damage,
- it has analgetic and anesthetic effect,
- it has antiedemic effect,
- it has a strong calming and hypnotic effect,– anticancer activity.
Greater celandine may cause uterine contractions, therefore it is forbidden to give preparations from celandine to pregnant women.
You can buy Greater celandine here