Boswellia serrata, Frankincense, Indian Frankincense Tree, Incense Tree, Indian Olibanum, Olibanum.
Traditional uses of Boswellia serrata:
Boswellia serrata has the following effects:
- anti-inflammatory at joints and bones,
- painkillers in spinal pain,
- antibacterial, antifungal – in particular for skin and nail infections, mainly incense oils (olibanum oils) and alcoholic extracts from this plant,
- helpful in ulceration of the large intestine, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome and inflammation of mucous membranes,
- anti-allergic and soothing asthma symptoms,
- anxiolytics and anti-neuroses.
Buhner recommends Boswelia in his protocol extended with Lyme disease to reduce the symptoms associated with arthritis.
The herb should not be used by pregnant women because it can increase blood flow in the uterus and pelvis, and in extreme cases cause miscarriages. It is not recommended in case of intense menstrual bleeding, problems with the lungs and kidneys.
You can buy Boswellia serrata here