Nettle, Stinging Nettle, Urtica dioica.
Traditional uses of Nettle:
The nettle has the following properties:
- anti-inflammatory activity in arthritis,
- inhibits the action of elastase – a natural substance in the human body that leads to the breakdown of elastin, cartilage, collagen and fibronectin,
- it inhibits the breakdown of cartilage during arthritis,
- strengthening and immunizing properties,
- it reduces the symptoms caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia,
- diuretic properties.
Contraindications to use are hemorrhages caused by polyps and cancers of the uterus and appendages. People with kidney disease should use it carefully. In rare cases, allergic reactions occur in sensitive persons and at higher doses of extracts.
You can buy Nettle here