Uncaria rhynchophylla, Gou Teng.
Traditional uses of Uncaria rhynchophylla:
Uncaria rhynchophylla is used in Lyme disease due to the following properties:
- neuroprotective – shows a strong protective effect on cells of the nervous system, including glial cells
- strengthens the central nervous system
- strengthens and stimulates the immune system
- has anti-inflammatory effects
- has anticonvulsant effect
- analgesic in headaches
- used in case of dizziness
- acts as a general remedy strengthening the body
- relaxes the central nervous system
- lowers blood pressure
- raises mood.
Buhner recommends Uncaria rhynchophylla in its protocol extended with Lyme disease to reduce neurological symptoms.
Uncaria rhynchophylla cannot be taken by transplant recipients or people taking immunostimulants. The herb cannot be taken by pregnant women and people taking preparations for lowering blood density. People who have a planned surgery, have to stop taking the herb 10 days before any planned surgery. People with low blood pressure should be careful when using Uncaria rhynchophylla. Do not use Uncaria rhynchophylla at the same time as medicines for lowering blood.
You can buy Uncaria rhynchophylla here